Personal Entrepreneurial Development: U.P. Open University Entrepreneurial Short Course for Entrepreneur Minded People – Entrepreneurship courses cannot be learned by studying in the four corners of the classroom, it can also be learned by studying through distance education. Here in the Philippines, one of best the institution offering Personal Entrepreneurial Development distance course is the U.P. Open University through its Faculty of Management and Development Studies.
This Personal Entrepreneurial Development aims to build success-oriented motivations, attitudes, competencies, behavioral characteristics and other qualities that will give individuals an edge when starting and managing their own business.
Here is other information about Personal Entrepreneurial Development course:
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
• Discuss various theories of entrepreneurship and the role of entrepreneurship in economic development;
• Identify the personal motivations, attitudes, qualities, competencies and characteristics
usually associated with successful entrepreneurs; and
• Develop achievement-, planning- and power-oriented entrepreneurial competencies.
Individuals interested in taking the course must have a high school diploma, and proficiency in mathematics and reading and writing in English.
The course covers the following topics:
1. Theories on entrepreneurship and its role in economic development
2. Roles and responsibilities, risks and rewards of the entrepreneur
3. Entrepreneurship in the Philippine setting
4. Psychological profile of the successful entrepreneur
5. Initial entrepreneurial self-assessment
6. Achievement motivation training
7. Training in achievement-oriented entrepreneurial behavior
• Demand for quality and efficiency
• Commitment to work contract
8. Training in planning-oriented entrepreneurial behavior
• Systematic planning and monitoring
9. Training in power-oriented entrepreneurial behavior
• Persuasion and networking
10. Creativity training
11. Post-training entrepreneurial self-assessment
12. Action planning (life goal and personal action plan)
The learning package includes print modules.
There are face-to-face study sessions as well as online discussions.
FEES (PHP 3,500)
Fees include the following:
PhP100 – Application/ Registration Fee
PhP3,000 – Course Fee inclusive of modules, course guide and tutorial services
PhP400 – miscellaneous
Participants may log on to www.upou.org for online registration, or visit the Faculty of
Management and Development Studies, UPOU HQ, Los Baños, Laguna.
Payments can be done through Philippine
National Bank (PNB) and Credit Card.
Depository Office: PNB-UP Los Baños Branch
Account Number: 446-537973-7
Name of Depositor: UPOU Trust Fund
For more information, please contact:
Faculty of Management and Development Studies
UP Open University
Los Baños, Laguna 4031
Tel: (049) 536-6010