Keys to Successful Broiler Production – Dr. Edgar Orden of the Central Luzon State University’s broiler contract growing project has listed some of the keys to success in broiler production.
* First, is the quality of the chicks to be grown. The day-old chicks have to weigh from 45 to 50 grams each, alert and disease-free.
* The feeds and veterinary requirements of the birds have to be provided.
* Brooding management has to be right.
* Weekly weighing of random samples of the birds is done to monitor the growth of the same.
* An assured market, such as the integrator, is another key to success.
* Then one must have committed and hard working farm laborers.
The broiler project of CLSU is very successful under the leadership of Dr. Orden. In fact, San Miguel Corporation named Dr. Orden Broiler Grower of the Year in December 2008. You too can become successful broiler producer if you can follow these simple keys to successful broiler production.
Source: Manila Bulletin