How to Own a NESCAFE POINT Coffeeshop – Want to own a coffeeshop business and make money from coffee-loving Filipinos? Then, you are welcome to try a Nescafe Point.
So, what is NESCAFE POINT? NESCAFE POINT is a NESCAFE branded booth owned and operated by a third party operator. The name of the booth will belong to the operator. NESCAFE will only be secondary eg. (Universal Café, Café Real). It is nationwide in scope and can expand to the provinces. It can be constructed in several locations such as malls, schools, transport terminals, industrial canteens and tourist spots. It can target a wider consumer base because of reasonable prices. The beverages served must be exclusive to Nestle. The operator has greater flexibility in terms of the pastry products they offer.
However, Nestle Foodservices is already in the process of accrediting a pastry supplier. As soon as the arrangement is finalized, operators must purchase all pastry products from the accredited pastry supplier. The operator must comply with the recommendations of Nestle FoodServices in terms of the pastry products to offer.
How much is the initial investment of the operator?
Estimated investment ranges from a low of Php 150,000 and high of Php 350,000. This amount is for the construction of the booth and will be paid directly to the chosen contractor. This may go higher or lower depending on the location, materials used and other expenses.
How will Nestle FoodServices support the operator?
Nestle FoodServices will provide applicants a set of booth designs to choose from. They recommend contractors for the construction of your booth. They will provide entrepinoys beverage dispensers, FREE on loan as long as they meet the monthly purchasing requirements of Nestle products. They provide you with the training for the use and maintenance of the dispensers. They will provide entrepinoys an operations manual to help them operate the NESCAFE POINT. They will provide entrepinoys with merchandising support such as vertical banners, counter standees or tabletop tent cards depending on availability.
Steps in Applying a NESCAFE POINT Coffeeshop:
1. Operator will have to find a feasible location.
2. Contact Nestle FoodServices Key Accounts Specialist (KAS) assigned to the area location.
3. Ocular visit will be done by Key Accounts Specialist to assess feasibility of the location. It is preferred that a digital picture of the site should be taken by the KAS.
4. KAS will do a background check of the operator and get relevant details by interviewing the potential operator. eg. Where is operator connected? Does he have other businesses? It is preferred that we work with operators that have the capability to expand to several outlets. It is also a preference that we work with existing operators whom we have a good current business relationship with. In the long run, this will prove to be an easier client to manage.
5. KAS will determine from the operator if site is really owned or awarded to them. Operator has to show written proof that site is theirs. eg. AWARD NOTICE, Contract of Lease etc.
6. If location is feasible and site officially belongs to the operator, KAS will submit digital picture taken (jpeg) to NFS brands for design incorporation.
7. KAS with NFS Brands will choose the design of the booth.
8. NFS Brands will have design agency incorporate chosen coffee corner design to the digital picture of the site.
9. NFS Brands will approve design of the booth.
10. Signing of coffee corner MOA between operator and NFS.
11. Construction of the booth by selected contractor.
12. Upon completion of booth construction. Beverage machines will be delivered to the location.
13. NFS to provide operations manual and other merchandising support.
14. Start of operations.
Note: Order of the application steps should be followed.
How to Find a Good Location for a NESCAFE POINT Coffeeshop:
1. Good foot traffic of people and a target market that can generate maximum sales.
2. Safety and Security of Nestle Dispensers.
3. Long operating hours of the outlet.
4. Branding exposure. Accessibility and Visibility of the outlet.
5. Competitors in the area.
6. Sufficient water and electricity – utilities.
7. Financial viablility of the outlet. Rent, other charges involved.
For more information about NESCAFE POINT, please call NESTLE FoodServices at: 898-00-01.