How to Make All Liquid Laundry Detergent for Business – Make all liquid laundry detergent and homemade cleaning solutions now. These can be a cheaper alternative to those that are commercially available. You can start with this kind of business with a start-up capital of P1,000-P2,000 for 3 liters working just 2 to 3 hours of your day.
Why this will click
The market’s demand for these consumables is large and steady because they are used in large quantities every day. Another thing is that liquid detergents made in this manner are more versatile. Aside from being used for cleaning dishes, floor, windowpanes, and washrooms, they can also be used for ordinary laundry in the same way as commercially-made detergent powder.
* Sodium lauryl ether sulfate, or SLES, P58.50 per 500 ml
* Sodium chloride or iodized salt, P13.50 per 500-gram pack
* Cocodiethanolamide or CDEA, P72.50 per 500 ml
* Ethyl alcohol, P54.50 per 500 ml
* Water-soluble dye, P35 per 400-gram pack
* Benzalkonium chloride P109.50 per 500 ml
* Degreaser, P161.40 per 120 ml
* Fragrance, P161.40 per 120 ml
* Distilled or de-ionized water, P14.19 per liter
(All available from chemical stores)
* Wooden or plastic laddle
* Medium sized basin
* Kitchen Scale
* Measuring spoons and cups
* Gas stove
* 330 ml. PET bottles, P5.50/pc. Available at Cachetrade in Cubao, Quezon City.
5 Easy Steps to Make All Liquid Laundry Detergent for Business
1. Put 1.4 Liter of distilled water in a pot and boil water for 15 minutes. You have to use distilled water or de-ionized water to avoid contaminating the liquid detergent mixture. Tap water has substances that can cause the mixture to eventually emit a bad odor.
2. While waiting for the mixture to boil, put SLES (150 grams) and iodized salt (80 g) into the basin. Mix them thoroughly with the ladle and until the iodized salt is completely dissolved.
3. Once the water has boiled enough and the salt has completely dissolved, gradually pour the water into the liquid detergent mixture. Stir. keep on stirring until the SLES mixture is dissolved. The liquid detergent mixture becomes foamy when stirred, which means that the SLES is being dissolved.
4. Now add to the mixture the CDEA (60 ml), benzalkonium chloride (0.01 ml), degreaser (40 ml), and the fragrance (10 ml). Don’t add the water-soluble dye and the ethyl alcohol as yet. The water-soluble dye (10 g) should first be dissolved in ethyl alcohol (60 ml) before being added to the fragrance and dye are properly matched.
5. After putting in all the chemicals, mix until everything is dissolved. Let the mixture cool until the bubbles subside. Then add another liter of cool distilled water. Once the mixture has sufficiently cooled down, the liquid detergent becomes clear. You can now pour the finished product into the PET bottles.
Cap the PET bottles containing the liquid detergent and set them aside. The yield of the liquid detergent mixture is 2.77 liters. Using 330-ml bottles, you can produce eight bottles of liquid detergent from it.
* Use tools exclusively for these products, never for food.
* Always make sure that your ingredients are complete, particularly the additives and preservatives.
* Measure ingredients accurately at all times.
How Much Will You Make
To determine the selling price for your liquid detergent, add a markup of 40 to 50 percent to the total production cost of each bottle.
Source: 45 Home-Based Business Ideas (Entrepreneur Book)