Floral Industry: Fresh Flower Arrangements Business — Floral industry like fresh flower arrangement is a profitable business to start for an enterprising Filipino. Even if you have no formal schooling in a floral design school you can still make your flower arrangement attractive. And if you can make unique flower arrangement, you can earn money supplying the demand of your customers. Flowers are a big part of people’s lives because they can convey multiple messages – from a romantic” I Love You,” to a celebratory “Congratulations on having a baby,” to a somber” Condolences.” Every occasion can be celebrated with flowers, although there are also many people out there who buy them simply as decorative centerpieces.
Why this will click
You don’t need expensive flowers to come up with a beautiful arrangements – only you ability to improvise on traditional designs to create something fresh and original. For a start-up capital of P800, you can start your own flower arrangement business even if working only 30 minutes of your day.
* Floral foam, P30 to P35 per piece which you may cut into your desired size
* Fruits (apples and pears are more suitable)
* Barbecue sticks
* A pair of scissors
3 Easy Steps for Good Flower Arrangement
1. First, soak the floral foam in water before you start cutting the flowers and inserting them.
2. When the foam has soaked up enough water, start cutting the flowers first (keep a variety of short and long stems with slanted tips) and distributing them evenly on the foam. Push the stems firmly into the floral foam to keep the form of your centerpiece.
3. Mount the fruits on barbecue sticks and then attach them to the foam. Place the filler flowers (like baby’s breath) last. Your goal in this last step is to make sure there are no glaring empty spots while still leaving a bit of breathing room around each flower.
How Much Will You Make
Add your direct costs, and then use 30 percent of the sum to cover your labor and indirect costs like utilities, transportation, and electricity. Then add another 30 percent as your markup to arrive at your selling price.
Source: Entrepreneur 45 Home-Base Business Ideas Book