Easy Way to Make Insect Repellant and Earn Money – Cater to the health conscious by providing them with all-natural, effective and organic insect repellants.
Why this will click
No matter where you are or what time of the year it is, mosquitoes will always be a bane to our existence. Catering to a niche market is an added advantage; an example would be INDIGObaby, an online baby boutique whose top-selling product is the baby-friendly Shoo Fly Don’t Bother Me insect repellant. “We added lavender to our formulation to mask the citronella, which can be quite foul-smelling,” says Denise Gonzalez, co-founder of INDIGObaby.
* Oils including citronella, eucalyptus, peppermint, tea tree, and other scents that naturally repel insects, P72 to P361, per 100 ml.
* Spritz bottles, P29 to P40 each
* Olive or vegetable oil, P69 to P200(1 liter)
Procedure to Make Insect Repellant
1. Carefully measure 10 to 25 drops of any essential oil of your choice (feel free to combine oils to create a unique scent), and pour it into the spritz bottle.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Shake the moisture to blend.
Tip: As with anything ou put on your body, be sure to test a small amount of the mixture on an area of your body, say your forearm. If, after a day, there are no adverse reactions, you should be good to go.
How Much Will You Make
It will cost about P40 to produce a bottle. You can mark this up about 200 times total cost – after adding labor. packaging, and overhead – and still be competitive in the market. Expect to break even after selling about 100 bottles.
Source: Entrepreneur 45 Home-Base Business Ideas Book