6 Easy Steps to Make Peanut Brittle for Business — Peanut brittle is one of the numerous varieties of nut brittles, which consist of flat broken pieces of hard sugar candy mixed with nuts. Peanut brittle, a peanut-flavored candy is surprisingly easy to make and yields huge portions for so little ingredients. As a start-up, you only need P300 for capital making 1 kilogram of peanut brittle in 1 ½ hour of working. This food product made from peanuts can be sold in school canteens, during school fairs, or as gifts for those with sweeth teeth. And the good thing is, you can earn between P29 to P60 for every 6 packs of peanut brittle that you sell.
Materials you need to prepare:
*1 cup water
*2 cups granulated sugar
*2 cups shelled and roasted peanuts, P43
*1 cup light corn syrup, P69
*½ cup peanut butter, P33
*¼ stick butter
*1 teaspoon salt
*¼ teaspoon baking soda
Procedure to make healthy peanut brittle:
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar is entirely moistened, then add the corn syrup and salt.
3. Cook the candy over medium-high heat. At this point, add the peanuts and stir to combine. Continue to cook until the mixture is vigorously boiling.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, baking soda, and peanut butter. Mix until well-combined, and then pour onto the prepared pan.
5. Spread the candy as thin as possible with a spatula or spoon and cool it to dry at room temperature. Once it is entirely cool, break it into small pieces to serve. This yields 10 servings.
6. Store the brittle in an airtight container or plastic bag at room temperature.
Reminder: Stretch the candy as thin as possible to make a thinner brittle that is easier to eat. Don’t forget, it takes less than a minute for the mixture to cool, so work fast.
Source: Entrepreneur 45 Home-Base Business Ideas Book