5 Easy Steps to Make Gift Baskets for Business — Gift baskets are extremely easy to put together, but of you are creative enough, the results will look stunning. Start-up capital is P1000.00 per basket, not including items to be placed inside. One basket can be finished in less than 15 minutes.
Why this will click
Gift baskets are suitable for people who cannot decide on one particular gift item, so they prefer giving away an assortment of goods all wrapped up (or, in this case, placed) in a nice package. Target corporate clients and earn by volume.
* Empty basket
* 2-3 yards or wired ribbon or a ready-made bow
* Clear tape
* Christmas flowers
* Gift items to be placed inside the basket
(All available at supermarkets or bookstores)
Gift items to be placed inside the basket.
5 Easy Steps to Make a Gift Basket
1. Decide what the basket “theme” will be first – is it for Christmas presents? Mother’s Day? Birthday? Your decorations will revolve around that theme. For this project, we are making a Christmas-themed basket.
2. Place the gift items in the basket starting with the tallest items toward the back, forming a “wall.” Place medium-sized items in front of the “wall” (so that they are leaning against it); the smallest items will fit along the front rim of the basket.
3. Wrap a colorful ribbon around the handle of the basket.
4. Fill in the other blank spaces of the basket with Christmas flower and other holiday trimmings.
5. Using the same ribbon, make a bow. Measure 8 inches from the end of the ribbon and pinch the spot firmly between your thumb and index finger. Make a loop and pinch tightly, then make a second loop and pinch over the first two pinches. Repeat this process, forming as many loops as you want. Pinch and tie all the loops together with tape or wire. Trim off the excess, and glue this bow to the front of the basket.
Tips: When buying ready-made bows, make sure the size is right for your basket – for example, don’t hide a small basket with an oversized bow.
How Much Will You Make
Your production cost will vary depending on the amount of the items inside the gift basket. However, a safe bet would be to put a mark-up of 20 percent on the final price.