We all want to be masters of our own fate. After we complete our schooling, we look to find our niche out in the world. Sometimes what we can do is partly based on the skills we offer. Sometimes its based on the availability of jobs. Almost always what we end up doing is greatly influenced by our friends and family and our own motivation. Clearly, the main driver of our pursuit of a career is what is in our heart. But we also must think through this important decision with our minds.
Small Business Ideas In the Philippines
Going to work every day and doing all of the things that our employer expects is one path we can take. But increasingly, another attractive option is emerging and that is the path of the entrepreneur. There are many Pinoy business ideas in the Philippines that you may wish to explore. So why not work for yourself? Well, many people may try and talk you out of it, but the truth is that almost every economy, whether it be at the national, regional or local level, is largely dependent on small businesses. So if you are of the type that enjoys a sense of independence and values their freedoms and is not afraid to work hard, then consider working for yourself. Start a small business Philippines success story.
Successful Entrepreneurs in the Philippines
To be a successful Pinoy entrepreneur you need to learn the ropes. You need to ask yourself how to start a small business in the Philippines. To start, you need to have a sense of yourself and what your skills and strengths are. You also need to know what you are weak in and what other training you might need to excel in your chosen field. You need to have an ability to ask for help and to reach out to others for assistance because often you will not become a successful entrepreneur unless you have pulled in a lot of advice. Preparation and planning is also key to your success. You can’t just get a wild idea and then run out and start doing it. You need to understand the marketplace. You need to perform what is called a competitive scan in order to evaluate what others are doing in the niche you are interested in. You need to have a business plan that will help guide you down the right paths to success. This is probably the most critical step to being successful. Its not so much all the things you do each day while you are operating your business. Yes, that of course is important. But the long pole in the tent is the choices you made before you decided to start your own business. Sometimes that period of research and evaluation can take many weeks and months. Choosing your business niche is a critical marker. Whether you choose franchising in the Philippines as the road you wish to travel or more of a home based opportunity, perform your due diligence.
Home Based Jobs Philippines
So lets carve out some job ideas that can serve as a springboard for further evaluation. It is advisable to match up with what you feel you can do with what you think the market says it needs in your particular region. That is the sweet spot of being a successful entrepreneur. It is often the work at home jobs in the Philippines that hold the most promise. Here are some examples of home based jobs Philippines that might potentially make your list.
Business Opportunities in the Philippines
- Philippine Landscaping Business: Usually if you can find a niche that is reliable in the sense that the service or product will always be needed, then stand up and pay attention. Capital investment is not excessively high and depending on your skill base and you assessment of the market need for your area, this may very well be a prospect.
- Earn Money Online Philippines: This is a big area which is increasingly becoming a bigger part of economies all over the world. E-commerce and the growth of monetized websites is growing at a rapid pace. The neat part about this type of work is you can flex your hours and this industry is still in its infancy if you put it in historical perspective. You need to have the right skill base or be willing to learn and there are many ways that can be accomplished. The upfront capital cost is usually minimal and the potential upside can be very lucrative. Make money online philippines has a sweet sound to it.
- Philippine Catering: Once again, if you can find a niche that is involving something that people always need, then you most likely are in the right place. Making food and providing food for any and all types of occasions is an area of opportunity that can work at many scales from very small local or neighborhood levels to much larger regional areas.
- Photography: Some people are just simply driven to work in the world of photography. There are endless ways in which this type of work can benefit you in terms of putting money in your pocket. Again, there is no doubt that one needs to have the technical skills and passion to thrive in this business.
- Philippine Crafts Sales: This covers a wide range of things from candle making to ceramics and many, many other types of craft skills.
- Writers, Editors, Content Specialists: Many people have this image that writing is a dead end type of entrepreneurial pursuit, but when you take stock of the number of writers that are needed to provide content to the thousands of websites that are created each day, then you may think twice about this.
- Philippine House Cleaning Services: This can be a very successful venture if you and possibly a partner of yours wish explore the market possibilities in your area. You will need to own your own equipment, but mostly you will need to have a strong desire and a sense of how to market your business. I know several people who started in the beginning with nothing…no clients…and now have a maid services business that is thriving and they have to turn away work. Referrals are often the backbone of the expansion in this business niche.
- Fitness Instructor/Dance Instructor/Personal Coach: This business niche covers a wide gambit of opportunity. If you have the right skill base and enjoy working with other people, guess what…..there will always be people who wish to be fitter and enjoy learning how to dance.
- Philippine Party Planner: At first glance you may think this type of business is just a bit too high scale. You may think, who can afford a party planner unless they are rich. I suggest you take a second look as there are nice business niche opportunities for people who will take care of organizing small to large birthdays, banquets, etc, and you will be surprised at the number of requests there are for a clown or popular character to make an appearance at a party.
Small Business Philippines – Putting It Together
In closing, when you begin to assess what you want to do in your life, try first to get a handle on where to start. Spend the time necessary to explore the right occupation match. By all means, take the necessary time to properly evaluate what business ideas you might feel a kinship with. And don’t lose sight of the importance of a two way match. Meaning, it not good enough that you have passion, commitment, and skills to perform the work. There must be a market for it and your competitors can’t be too large in numbers for the area you are going to operate in. With this approach, you will be on firmer ground to decide which business ideas are a proper fit for you.